http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~swlmcc/maerdy/welshhistory/h19.html
.
Step Back In
to Your History with Chartist Commemorative Events in Merthyr, Llanidloes and in Merthyr Tudful. Google Welsh Chartism 2009 Commemorations, note in particular that on April 4 and 5 there will be a re staging at Theatr Hafren of the Urdd 1988 Drama PUM DIWRNOD O RHYDDID - Five Days of Freedom at Theatr Hafren. Following which it will go on tour through April into May. I understand this was filmed in 2004 by S4C and shown on TV, if so I missed it?
to Your History with Chartist Commemorative Events in Merthyr, Llanidloes and in Merthyr Tudful. Google Welsh Chartism 2009 Commemorations, note in particular that on April 4 and 5 there will be a re staging at Theatr Hafren of the Urdd 1988 Drama PUM DIWRNOD O RHYDDID - Five Days of Freedom at Theatr Hafren. Following which it will go on tour through April into May. I understand this was filmed in 2004 by S4C and shown on TV, if so I missed it? .
Whatever, if you want to see this drama better book now ok!.
.
Way back when 'Back in the Day' ( I hear this term all the time now),where was I, oh yes! Cannot remember now if it was the Patriotic Front or Cofiwn, who organised it but there was a Chartist Commemorative event held at least once in Llanidloes. Think it would be a great idea to 'kick it off' again as an annual event, it is most convenient that the Llanidloes Rising took place over our present May Day Bank Holiday at beginning of May, plus of course it's very central. Thus possibly this might
be an alternative suggestion/proposal to Calan Mai blog/group as to where to hold an annual May Day event, alternative to my previous idea of such being held in Abertawe?
be an alternative suggestion/proposal to Calan Mai blog/group as to where to hold an annual May Day event, alternative to my previous idea of such being held in Abertawe? .
Whatever, if nothing better to do in May why not visit Llanidloes and just in case there is a Commemoration? Why not start making some Red Pitchfork Flags as illustrated in this post, these were risen up at Mynydd Bach in Ceredigion to commemorate Rhyfel y Sais Bach 1826.
.
.
Gethin Gruffydd.
