Monday, 3 December 2007

Cambrianism Wins! West Britons Rule?

Yes! Might well he can laugh, he, Dafydd Wiggley and other PLAID PINK PACTERS Elfyn Llwyd, Cynog Dafis and Sian Lloyd??? are going to do well out of PLAID lifting it's ban on entry into the English House of Lords, I note the PLAID LEFT made all the correct radical mumblings. As with Oaths to the English Queen and visits of the English Royalty to the ''Sham Senedd'', the so called PLAID REPUBLICAN LEFT they mumble a lot but then there is little Radical Republican Action? As for the ''Peripheral Patriots", the collective brands of diverse ''Welsh Republicanisms'' and the debris of ''Alternative Welsh Nationalism'' have heard little from they, apart from it seems a 'PUKE Republican/ Nationalist FACTION' threatening me for speaking my mind as to what is wrong with so much in the national struggle. I want bore you with repeating all this again now as I have said much on this already, and no doubt will again but elsewhere as in THE WELSH REMEBRANCER http://welshremembrancer.blogspot.com/ and THE WELSH PATRIOT http://welshpatriot.blogspot.com/ also in PWCA POWER http://pwcapower.blogspot.com/ Anyway back to the on going success of ''Cambrianism'', it really does appear that the rule of the West Briton mentality is back. It of course was born in the buy out of the Bards by Elizabeth I at two Eisteddfod's at Caerwys in the 16th century but really matured between 1715 and 1745 in the main amongst the London Welsh as a cowardly Cymric response to Jacobitism. These 18th century "Welsh Taffies" aka "Welsh Anglo - Saxon Protestants'' to prove their loyalty to the English Crown established a Society of Ancient Britons, established on Saint Davids day (birthday then of an English Princess of Wales) complete no doubt with leek eating and royal toasts, these ''Crachach Collaborators'' also adopted the three feathers and it's motto 'ICH DIEN' as their badge. In 1745 they reorganised themselves as the Honourable Society of the Cymrodorion, the age of "Cambrian Romanticism'' and ''Cultural Nationalism" had arrived and in it's wake would develope and be institutionalised in Wales the virus of ''Cambrianism'' which makes the prevailing disease of Devolutionism so acceptable to present day 'Welsh Nationalism' with it's roots in rural revivalism and 'Cymric Cultural Identity' rather than a true all embracing National Identity and National Consciousness. If the latter had been the case, I doubt if we would see so called 'Welsh Nationalists' becoming PLAID PINK PACTERS and voting to participate in the English House of Lords, not only a place of Patronage and Privellege but also very much a BASTION of ENGLISH SOVEREIGNTY over the Celtic Nations as is the ENGLISH PARLIAMENT. Well that's all I got to say on that subject at the moment, I will let others take it from there in some D&D, possibly at Rali Cilmeri 2007. I fear that the day may come when Cilmeri becomes a focus and font of ''Cambrianism'', after all this whole ''Llywelyn the Last'' thing was founded as an expression of rampant ''Cambrianism''. If you doubt that just take a look at the last chapter XXVII of Wales - In the Story of Nations by Owen M.Edwards, see the Conclusion, note in particular the last line, after he's glossed over the partnership between ''National Intensity" and "Imperial Sympathy'', he ends with this declaration: The Motto of Wales is to be that of it's Prince - ''Ich Dien".
.

.
I had been radically hostile to the Plaid Pact and castigated in particular the so calle '18' who had opposed it but then accepted it, I thought how typical of ''fence sitters'', scratch em and you will see their no more than ''Moderate Devolutionists" despite a few of them posing as "Radical Rebels" as and when it suits them in certain circles. However, in the early days of this Plaid Pink Pact, Ieuan Wyn and Rhodri Glyn started mouthing some positive patriotism, re a North - South Highway and making S4c ino a truelly Welsh National TV Channel with programmes in both of our languages for all of our people (a matter I shall deal with again some time). On top of all that Adam Price MP seemed to be talking a lot of sense, and I began to soften and think well, this is as good as it is ever going to get. I reminded myself that Phil Williams had said to me once, "Gethin - No matter what Plaid Cymru does you will critcise us", HHHhhhmmm!!!
He was of course spot on, so as I said I began to soften (maybe an age thing) and thought lets go along with this 'Real Politik' after all being a ''Peripheral Patriot'' as Robert ap Steffan calls those on the fringe of his Pragmatic Plaid Realism, has achieved little? (self doubt, an age thing too, maybe?). Thus, I backed off from pushing my ideas through Embassy Glyndwr of promoting the idea of the need for a PLAID GLYNDWR - Welsh National Sovereignity Party. I pulled down an item I had written and posted in Owain Glyndwr Communicates, subsequently I have resigned from Embassy Glyndwr, not on this issue as my resignation had more to do with my retirement from Embassy work and not differences of political oppinion, although Sian is softer on "Plaid Cymru" that I. Whatever, for a while I was softening up on all this going down in Wales but then along comes this vote and acceptance of the ENGLISH HOUSE OF LORDS. Thus my attitude is radically hardening again but what about you? is there any Nationalist Dissent at all? or is all just accepting or is it a case of the Patriotic Bottle as been broken? Maybe we will see at this years Rali Cilmeri, if Patriots are going to voice their disapproval or just fear to say boo to a goose!!! Meanwhile, Plaid Glyndwr? I understand that Embassy Glyndwr has not entirely shelved the idea but I now have moved beyond that to even more radical ways and means forward, seriously considering that maybe there is need to see matters as the way forward being through an Adfywiad Newydd but as of yet, I cannot really make up my mind if that should be an ADFYWIAD GWLADGAROL or possibly an ADFYWIAD GOCH, it goes with out saying both would be a REPUBLICAN RESURGENCE but of the Mazzini or the Garibaldi brand and path that's the big question?
.
Whatever, I look more to Europe of the 1848 'Year of Revolution' and not Wales 1848 and the ''Cambrian Outrage'' over the ''Infamouse'' BLUE BOOKS that followed to help in time create the ''Cambrian Cultural Bourgeouise Nationalism" of Cymru Fydd Liberalism. It is from this tradition that Plaid Cymru essentially has it's roots planted within, although Saunders Lewis Catholic Radicalism and a dash of "Hwntw Leftism" would get into the mix along the way. Of course the ''Catholic Radicalism'' was greatly moving in direction supportive of ''Language Nationalism'' partly motivating the Language Struggle to some extent in the 60's. The ''Hwntw Leftism'' twisted and turned in a verity of diverse ways in and outside Plaid Cymru, out side in thrice failed ''Welsh Radical Republicanism" . There has always been ''Left Influence'' in Plaid Cymru, from the days of Dr D.J.Davies, to Emrys Roberts and the New Nation Group to present day ascendent ''Femme Fatale'' led left of PLAID. It is all ratherc ironic that the present day PLAID so dominated by ''Left Influence'' goes and votes for "Entryism" into the English House of Lords. This underlines what I am getting at, that it's the success of ''Cambrianism'' which will always nuetralist any attempt at giving rise to a real Welsh Nationalist Philosophy and Theory of radical Welsh Nationalist Political Struggle of National Liberation and Independence, that's my oppinion but what's yours?, noting I would rather see it in RADICAL NATIONALIST ACTION than just blogging along or ''My Spacing Facing'' and all this endless navel gazing and Posing and Posturing Peripheral Patriotism. If you have something sensible to write on these subjects let me know other wise if you are going to send me threatening letters, can you please try not to be so childish, try hard to be politically sensible, if that is possible as you know people who write this sort of "gibberish" have lost the arguement, FULL STOP!!!!!
.

.
Yn Ffyddlon, Hwyl!


Gethin 'Iestyn' ap Gruffydd.

'Adfywiadwr'.

Advert: The New Cap Glyndwr (winter wear). Upon retiring from Embassy Glyndwr, I did'nt get a Golden Handshake nor a Gold Watch, just their new Cap Glyndwr. For further info on this cap, visit Owain Glyndwr Communicates Blog