.
This blog has been prompted by my recently reading of two articles on the web, they are:
.
Cof Cenedl: Welsh Remembrancers and our National History.
COF CENEDL: WELSH REMEMBRANCERS AND A nation exists and flourishes only in its collective memory, and Cof Cenedl - a nation's memory - drove them on. Iolo Morganwg was determined to bring the ...
.
The Other,
.
Welsh Indigenous! and British Imperial? - Welsh Rugby, Culture and Society 1890 - 1914.
.
Anyone who has been reading my Blogs and particularly; Welsh Remembrancer http://welshremembrancer.blogspot.com/ , The Welsh Patriot http://welshpatriot.blogspot.com/ but more so Adfywiad Gwladgarol http://adfywiad.blogspot.com/ will see that I am highly critical of certain forms of Welsh Nationalism, not least of the ''Knee Jerk'' and ''Crach Fodder'' Patriotism that has far too long prevailed in certain areas of nationalist political life. I am also, whilst being of Republican mind myself in latter years I have prevailed against what I referr to as Retro, Romantic and plain old rubbishy so called ''Welsh Republicanism''. I also have little time for what I call the ''Guardianesque Republicanism'' of PLAID Left Femme Fatales trio of Gill Evans. Leanne Wood and Bethan Jenkins (although their Socialist cred is OK as far as it goes?). I must stress here however, that I support the Republicanism presented by David Lawrence, see his web forum and a posting in The Welsh Patriot Blog. My criticism are for the best part misunderstood by many patriots and hated by others, so much so there is a little ''Crowd of Crackers'' who from time to time send me threating letters with dark mutterings regarding by health and safty, yes the cowards actually are talking about dire consequences to my life and limbs. Wonderful stuff!
.
However, lets move away from the Sociopathic Nazi/Fascist element within the ranks of the ''Peripheral Fringe'' or should that be the ''Lunitic Fringe'', time will tell as they want remain anonymous for ever. After all Cymru/Wales is a land of gossip where few secrets are kept. I emphasize these goings on as it is indicitive of the lack of any serious political thinking and education, discussion and debate that goes on within the ranks of Welsh Nationalism/Republicanism particularly in area of what I referr to as Alternative Welsh Nationalism see blog archive http://awnms.blogspot.com/ . The article Cof Cenedl does not really tell me what I did not already know as I long ago came to the same conclusions and hence the birth of Rali Cilmeri http://anturysbrydcofiwn.blogspot.com/ in the 60's and later the establishment of Cofiwn - http://cofiwn.blogspot.com/ . In the 60's I was pretty much a ''Knee Jerk'' Super Patriot myself and although very much more radical with Cofiwn, nevertheless followed a kind of ''Crach Fodder'' Nationalism.
.
Following on the demise of Cofiwn/Ty Cenedl in the 1980's, it was whilst helping to establish Cymdeithas Cyfamod that I seriously began to question much of the ''nationalism'' I had previously believed in. My nationalism had in the early 70's taken a left wing turn whilst envolved with the Welsh Socialist Vanguard and Cymru Goch 1 but my politics in time give way to what I seen as the practicalities of a movement as Cofiwn. The practicalities of this body, where work became more important than any theory as inflicted the left with fractious discussions and debates, seemed a much better way to achieve objectives. However, in these latter years, from 90's to the present I have began to question not only Welsh Nationalism/Republicanism to the point of radical revisionism but in particular I have began to question much in my interpretations and presentation of Welsh History.
.
It has possibly taken the article Welsh Indigenous! and British Imperial? aforementioned, to present it in such a clear way an overall clear perspective in totality what is our great Patriotic Problem. This article has not told me anything I did not know or realise in many areas but it has informed me of much I did not know and nailed what is the greatest obsticle to, not only Welsh Nationhood, Consciousness and Idenity but also to the full mature development of true political Welsh Nationalism. This article quite simply lays it before us on one plate what is the great obsticle, quite simply ''CAMBRIANISM'' and if we are to truelly advance any real cause and struggle we must first identify and root out these unhealthy ''Cambrianist Tendancies and Influences'' within the National Movement and Struggle. We will not totally expunge it from the Welsh Peoples Crerebally Colonised mind but we can at least rid ourselves of it from within our own patriotic ranks, then and then only we might see ''Knee Jerk'' Patriotis die and Patriots no more be ''Crach Fodder'' but truelly ALTERNATIVE WELSH NATIONALISTS and yes RADICAL REPUBLICANS of the Adfywiad Gwladgarol kind. Not, I may added ever distracted and diverted from a true Patriotic Cause and Struggle, this of course requires a total political ''Cerebral Cultural Revolution'', let that begin here?
.
To begin to understand fully this ''CAMBRIANISM'' we must fully study and explore the source pointers in the aformentioned article and beyond, let this just be a starter in your journey of RADICAL REDEMPTION. However, at the same time we must re-explore our interpretations of Welsh history, even that which we have thought to be a Patriotic represetation, even of the kind presented and promoted by Cofiwn, Yes! quite possibly this means a good RADICAL REVISION. Hopefully, such will prompt study and thinking, discussion and debate. Where to start? why not 1848 as next year will be the 160th Anniversary of the conclusion of the Rebecca Rebellion and the Blue Books whilst in Europe it marks 160th Anniversary of 'The Year of Revolutions'. Now, I have set up this Blog for others to use as a platform for their views and oppionions, largelly by way of articles (no more than a 1000 words) plus the occaisional letter if of good sense, not of the abusive threatening kind. Of course I will use my editorial discretion re publishing but I will have to give you a good reason if I do not publish OK, I will not have much time for this Blog, so it is up to you.
.
Maybe in association with content here, groups of patriots in their communities could establish monthly COF CENEDL CONVOCATION (the word is also a collective noun for Eagles, white ones as well?) for purpose of discussion and debate on these matters brought to your attention here and in your own studies. Please note that untill the new year I will be very busy so nocontributions untill post 1 Chwefror 2008, although you may indicate your support for this blog platform. If you wish state your interest to be informed of it's development and that you may possibly make contributions, not least if anyone is interested in establishing Cof Cenedl Convocations in their communities then do inform me. Contact be via gethin.apgruffydd@ntlworld.com
.
Hwyl!
.
Gethin ap Gruffydd.