Wednesday, 26 November 2008

PLAID CAMBRIA? A New Radical Welsh Nationalist Party perhaps?

.
Sorting some news cuttings out for archiving the other day the 'Gem'' out of the distant past cropped up, I was then reminded of an PLAID election leaflet I had in archive and having also recently been viewing some film footage of Henry Ellis Jones - Davies speaking at Rali Cilmeri 1995. I got to wondering if 'Henri Cambria' has some really serious political ambitions? his Rali Cilmeri speech was an excellent piece of Radical Nationalism with a nod toward Serbian Nationalism and the 'Field of Blackbirds', Henry posed the question and it was a good one: Why? with all the 'Ysgolion Cymraeg' were there not more people at Rali Cilmeri whilst the Serbs at one time (pre Kossovo Independence) could get 1000's annually to gather at the 'Field of Blackbirds'. Fair enough question but he then went on to blame ''Left Wing/Socialist Teachers'' for somehow not delivering on history to inspire kids to one day desire to attend Rali Cilmeri, this is of course wrong, the reason there are not 1000's at Rali Cilmeri was at that time, more down to pathetic organisation by Cymdeithas Cyfamod or ap Sion's ''Athenian Democracy'' way of the ''GOB's''.
.
Whatever, after 1982, the ''Crachach Newydd'' had little reason to rally to a rock at Cilmeri when the grass was far greener in the fields of Pontcanna, Llandaf and now Bae Caerdydd, ain't that the truth! I must admit having been in the 60's influenced by Cayo and Toni Lewis's rather ''Right Wing'' Nationalism, I might myself have fallen under the spell of Henri Cambria's Rali Cilmeri and later Tafran Llywelyn speeches but then in the early seventies I had departed Cymru for two years ''Political Exile'' in Dublin where I got a more left Socialist Political education (see by blog: RED REMEMBRANCER).
.
All that aside, I am moved now to consider ''Cambrianista'' ambitions by this year noting a rather political shift in association with Cambria, most notably with ex Western Mail writer Clive Betts becoming Cambria's Political editor and possibly mouth piece for Henri Cambria and the possible ''political ambitions'' on the right side of PLAID Cultural Pacifist Nationalism? No doubt about it, if PLAID messes up with their ''Coalition'' with Labour and worse fails to deliver their promise of a proper Welsh Parliament, what then? Maybe, PLAID CAMBRIA as a new radical WELSH NATIONALIST PART
Y. As for me, I will be moving left and toward Socialism and INTER - NATIONALISM of the 1848 kind! Whilst Toni favoured Romantic German Nationalism and Cayo his tutors Polish Nationalism, I have come to favour Mazzini and his brand of Radical Republicanism whilst I guess many of the GOB's & Co are of the Garibaldi inclination.
.
















.


.
The photo above of a very youthful looking Henry Ellis Jones - Davies, as our very own Welsh 'Indiana Jones'', hopefully one day his Cambria Magazine will tell us more of these thrilling adventures in Afghanastan. For more information on the aforementioned Major Peter Willey and publications he has authored, just google. It's worth it, as it is quite interesting stuff. One things for sure Kabul was safer then than it is now.
.
















.

.












.


clive betts

24 Nov 2008 ... Cambria Politico - The Political Blog header image 4 ... Tags: alan edmunds· clive betts·john cosslett·john humphries·keith dye·lee ... cambriapolitico.com/tag/clive-betts/ - 41k - Cached - Similar pages -
More results from cambriapolitico.com »
.
PS: A Plaid Cambria would not be my cup of tea but I dare say there are a few Welsh Nationalists still in existence who would just wish something better would come along than the ''wishy washy'' Cultural Pacifist Nationalism of PLAID.
.
Gethin ap Gruffydd.